Daniel C. Fitzpatrick, MD
"I treat patients with a wide range of bone and joint injuries, including sports injuries and joint replacements. I have a special interest in the treatment of fractures and complex elbow injuries. Through my affiliation with the Legacy Biomechanics Laboratory, I am active in research aiming to improve fracture healing."
"After a bicycle accident when I was nine years old, I needed several surgeries on my left leg. It took six more months to completely heal. I wasn't sure I'd ever lose the limp to run well enough to play sports with my friends. I am now a sophomore on the school football team. I play basketball and take taekwondo. Thanks Dr. Fitzpatrick and team!" -- Vincent C.
Education and Training
- Residency: Department of Orthopedic Surgery, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA, 1997-2001
- Medical School: University of Iowa, College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA, Medical Doctorate, 1997
- Post Graduate: University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA, Master of Science, Engineering, 1993
- Undergraduate: Loras College, Dubuque, IA; University of Iowa, Bachelor of Science, Engineering, 1991
- Certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Licensed by the Oregon State Board of Medical Examiners
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Legacy Biomechanics Research Laboratory
- Oregon Association of Orthopaedics
- Orthopaedic Research Society
- Orthopaedic Trauma Association
Hospital Staff Privileges
- Sacred Heart Medical Center, Eugene, OR
- McKenzie-Willamette Medical Center, Springfield, OR
- Slocum Center for Orthopedics & Sports Medicine physician and surgeon since 2002
Cedar Rapids, IA
In my spare time, I enjoy spending time with family, running, biking, and skiing.