You are here
"I moved to Eugene for the schools, the people, the excellent medical community, and for the easy access to the outdoors. As I look back at these 'requirements,' I continue to marvel at and enjoy the opportunities we all have. To be able to contribute to the advancement of medical care in our community is a unique privilege. I've transitioned from being a runner to a cyclist and have become a connoisseur of Pinot Noir. It's hard to imagine living anywhere else."
Dr. Christopher Walton is available to see patients at our Eugene location.
Education and Training
- Fellowship: Utah State University Orthopedics and Sports Medicine, Western Surgery Center, Logan, UT, 1991
- Residency: Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Hanover, NH, Orthopaedic Surgery, 1986-1990; Newington Children's Hospital, Newington, CT, 1988; Veteran's Administration Hospital, White River Junction, VT, 1990
- Medical School: Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, Medical Doctorate, 1985
- Post Graduate: California State University, Hayward, CA, Cell Biology, 1981
- Undergraduate: University of California, Los Angeles/Berkeley, CA, Bachelor of Science, Conservation of Natural Resources, 1975
- Certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Certified by the National Board of Medical Examiners
- Licensed by the Oregon State Board of Medical Examiners
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- International Cartilage Research Society
- Oregon Association of Orthopaedists
- Lane County Medical Association
Hospital Staff Privileges
- Sacred Heart Medical Center, Eugene, OR
- McKenzie-Willamette Medical Center, Springfield, OR
- McKenzie Surgery Center, Eugene, OR
- Slocum Center for Orthopedics & Sports Medicine physician and surgeon since 1991
In my free time, I enjoy reading, cycling, skiing, scuba diving, and hiking .