You are here
“As a fellowship-trained sports medicine orthopedic surgeon, I specialize in arthroscopic and open surgery of the shoulder, elbow, hip, knee, and ankle, and in shoulder, hip, and knee reconstruction. I am inspired by my patients and their commitments to maintain healthy and active lifestyles, whether they are a professional or collegiate athlete, a weekend warrior, or desire to continue their hobbies and activities of daily living."
Education and Training
- Fellowship: Orthopaedic Sports Medicine, Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA, 2014-2015
- Residency: Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, 2009-2014
- Medical School: Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, Medical Doctorate, 2009
- Undergraduate: University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, Bachelor of Arts in Biology, 2005
- Licensed by the Oregon State Board of Medical Examiners
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
Hospital Staff Privileges
- McKenzie-Willamette Medical Center, Springfield, OR
- Sacred Heart Medical Center, Eugene, OR
In his free time, Dr. Tuman enjoys spending time with his family, playing soccer, hiking, fishing, skiing, and running.