Please bring your insurance card with you to your first appointment. It is essential that we have complete and accurate insurance information.
Notify the receptionist if your insurance has changed since your last visit.
If your insurance plan requires a referral to see a specialist, you will need to contact your primary care physician (PCP) prior to your appointment to request an insurance referral. If you come to your appointment and we have not received your insurance referral, you may be asked to sign a waiver taking financial responsibility for services rendered.
Most insurance companies require that your treatment be approved before you enter the hospital or have surgery.
Your insurance company may require a second opinion about your physician's recommended course of treatment.
Proceeding without prior approval or a second opinion may result in a loss of all or part of your insurance benefits.
Slocum participates with the following health plans:
- Aetna US Health (Prov Pref Only)
- Assurant Health – Aetna Network
- Atrio (FCH only)
- BCBS of OR (Participating/Preferred)
- Bridgespan Health – (Thru Regence)
- First Choice Health (aka Healthcare Direct)
- Great-West Healthcare (aka Cigna)
- Health Net of Oregon (Centene) MedAdvantage/PPO/Options plus
- Healthcare Management Admin (HMA – Thru Regence)
- Kaiser (Choice Point of Service Tier 2 Provider, FCH)
- Kaiser OR
- Liberty Northwest (OTJ)
- Lifewise OR (FCH-First Choice Health)
- Mail Handlers (Aetna/Providence Preferred only)
- Majoris (SAIF OTJ)
- Medicare Palmetto GBA (Railroad)
- Meritain (Aetna ASA/Prov Pref only)
- MODA (ODS Health Plans – MedAdvantage, PPO)
- MODA (ODA Health Plans – PPO, HMO, Synergy, OEBB, Pers)
- Oregon Health Systems MCO (Workers Comp)
- Oregon Medicaid – Participating
- Pacificsource Health Plans (Also U of O student Health, Admin)
- Pacificsource MedAdvantage
- PacificSource Smarth Health/Smart Choice
- Providence EPO Options Plans
- Providence MCO
- Providence MedAdvantage
- Providence Preferred (Effective Jan 1, 2002)
- Regence BCBS of Oregon – Participating
- Regence MedAdvantage
- Regence Preferred
- SAIF (Majoris OTJ)
- Tri-Care Champus
- Trillium MedAdvantage
- Trillium – OHP Lane Plus Plans
- UMR – (Prov Pref and UHC)
- United Healthcare (Also Student Resources)
- United Healthcare MedAdvantage, Med Solutions, Med Complete
- US Dept. of Labor (OWCP)
- Washington State Labor & Industries (OTJ)