You are here
Each year, our Slocum Research & Education Foundation is overwhelmed by the scope of talent, academic achievement, and service-minded high school seniors living in our community. This year was no exception. For 2017, our competitive, one-time $1500 awards are going to six college-bound students who will be pursuing academic interests leading to a health-related career:
- Isabella Chitwood-Fox, South Eugene High School, attending Oregon State University Honors College
- Hannah DesChamp, North Eugene High School, attending Oregon State University
- Kareem Khalifah, Willamette High School, attending University of Southern California
- Celia Moyer, Churchill High School, attending University of Oregon
- Hannah Wheeler, Creswell High School, attending Oregon State University
- Ellie Jitto, Sheldon High School, attending Oregon State University
The Annual Slocum Foundation Scholarship Reception will be held at 5:00 p.m., with award presentations at 5:30 p.m., on Tuesday, May 23rd on the second floor of our office at 55 Coburg Road in Eugene.
Scholarship recipients are selected by the Slocum Foundation Board of Directors. Scholarship funding is made possible through the contributions of the physicians and surgeons at the Slocum Center for Orthopedics & Sports Medicine. Applications for the 2018 scholarship cycle will be available in mid-January.
Our office hours have changed in observance of Memorial Day.x