This section of our Web site contains helpful and comprehensive interactive videos intended for patient education on a variety of orthopedic conditions, surgical procedures, and associated treatment options. The procedures found here are just some of those used by Slocum Center for Orthopedics & Sports Medicine surgeons. These interactive patient videos are meant to provide a general, educational overview. Please understand that each situation is unique, and no online content can replace one-on-one communication with your doctor.
If you have questions regarding an orthopedic injury, condition, or procedure after viewing the interactive patient education videos, please call Slocum Center at (541) 485-8111, and our staff will be happy to assist you.
Navigating Our Education Materials
- From the "View Medica" screen above, simply select the desired topic: "Complementary Medicine", "Orthopedics", or "Pain Management"
- From the "Orthopedics" list, select the desired body part.
- Choose between "Procedures" or "Conditions".
- Choose from the list of available topics.
- Choose between "Play Narrated Animation" (with audio) or "Play Animation Without Narration" (without audio). Note: Narrated Animation requires your computer has speakers for audio output. For Animation Without Narration, advance through the slides by clicking the "Next Step" button.
- At any time, you may choose to print-out a full-color brochure of information for your chosen topic by selecting the "Print Brochure" link.
- At the end of the animation, your may select "Replay" to replay the animation.
- Once viewing is complete, return to Main Menu or selected topic by selecting the applicable tab at the top/left of the screen.
- Proceed to other animated topics as desired.
IMPORTANT: This information should not be used in place of a consultation or examination with a qualified medical professional or replace medical professional advice. Also, it should not be relied upon for self-diagnosis or course of treatment. In addition, your treatment plan and/or procedure may vary from those depicted in the animations based on your specific medical needs.