Dear Patients and Families,
Slocum Orthopedics is monitoring the impact of COVID-19 and want to assure our patients and their families that we will continue to provide excellent orthopedic care while maintaining a high level of infection control at our clinic. The health and safety of our patients and staff remains our top priority.
We are monitoring the impact of COVID-19 (coronavirus) in our area and are in constant contact with our local, state, and federal agencies. We have put in place strict guidelines to keep sick staff at home, and we also request that patients who are ill with a fever reschedule their appointments. If you present to your appointment with a fever you will be sent home, so please be proactive in rescheduling.
We appreciate your help during this time. For more information on COVID-19 (coronavirus) please refer to:
Please follow these guidelines to help protect yourself, your family, and our community:
- Please call to reschedule your appointment if you are feeling ill.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your nose and mouth with something disposable (like a tissue) when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- Clean your frequently touched items (cell phones, door handles, purse straps, touch screens, pens, pencils, school supplies, sports equipment, etc.).
- Clean your hands often by washing them with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at 60%–70% alcohol. Soap and water should be used if hands are visibly dirty. It is especially important to clean hands after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after coughing, sneezing or blowing your nose.
- Please consider postponing scheduling your appointment if you are over the age of 60 per the CDC's recommendation.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions, and we will continue to provide ongoing updates as necessary.